Wednesday 27 March 2013

Missing some Fingers...


I'm sure that all of you have at least one or twice felt like your toes or fingers were going to fall off from the cold. Well, multiply that by ten over a time period of approximately two days. Painful. Very very painful. Over the last weekend I went on an International Award hike (here's something that might help you if you don't know what it is: click here). It was so much fun and a great experience except that my fingers felt as if they could be snapped off if you bent them too much. Now, before you go thinking "But why didn't you bring gloves?" I did. I brought a pair of ski gloves which were nice and war, except for the fact that I brought two left hands.
 
*Biggest face palm man kind has ever or will ever encounter*
 
Luckily I was not the only form of stupidity on the campsite that day; my friend Athena made exactly the same problem except with right hands so we switched gloves. The next problem was that her gloves were not really fit for camping. They were really nice and everything (I know that Athena will be reading this so I can't say any monstrosities on her gloves) but they were everything but warm. Also, I'm right handed so I had to constantly take my glove off to clip things in, zip things up (By the way, there are probably a thousand zips and clips on one camping bag, no kidding! My hands were somehow shedding tears by the end of and hour) or use it for cooking and other chores. So, even if the glove was warm, it never came to any use because I was taking it on and off every few minuets and/or seconds. This all resulted in my hand growing double its size. Literally. My nice, thin, elegant hands turned into a plate of egg and sausages. So, not only could I not use my fingers at the end of the day, but they wouldn't fit into my glove properly. I would have to ask my friend Jiwon to zip up my coat or even squeeze me fat fingers into my glove. I felt utterly useless by the end of the day which is not a nice feeling. I think I'v been scarred for life because every time my fingers feel cold, in my head I'm thinking "NO! It's comming back to get me and kill me alive! There is no escape! Run for your lives fingers! Run for your lives!"
 
You want to know what I blame this on? I blame this all on the earth thinking it's OK to snow in the middle of March! I understand that snow if fun and pretty and pure, (at the beginning, not when it's melting) but right now I think that most of us humans agree that WE NEED SPRING TO ARRIVE! (My fingers are nodding their heads right now... if they have heads... I don't know...) I need to feel the warmth from the sunshine and the buds starting to sprout. I know that I will regret this later but I even want the flies to come back and do their annoying buzzing sounds! And I want the mosquito's to kill my skin with itchy red spots! I WANT SPRING! I'm sick of all this snow and cold wind and everything else that starts with a c and rhymes with -old.
 
So after all this complaining I think it's time to put an end to this post. I'm sure that most of you have the same opinion as me regarding the cold, but if we all unite as one WE CAN DEFEAT IT! AS A TEAM, AND AS A FAMILY! OK, too far, but still, I think we could defeat it... somehow. Let me brainstorm on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment