Friday 7 December 2012

Pros and Cons on Winter


Winter is finally here! Yay!!

I woke up this morning to find the scenery coated with a thick layer of snow. This made me overly excited and anxious to kick some butt with a snowball fight except for one small detail... I woke up with a fever of 39 degrees (Celsius because last time I checked, I was European) and a huge headache.
What kind of person is sick on a snow day? Not me! At least that's what I thought but I was betrayed by... my body? I don't know... But still, I could be running around in my garden making failed snow angels (though they still look pretty to my eyes), bringing to life my half melted snow man or sledging down a half a meter hill. As dumb as it sounds, I still want to do all of those things. But, unfortunately, my body is warm enough to melt all the snow off our car (that, my friend, is a lot of snow!) in an instant and... I seem to be a little over attached to my bed... But, who isn't?
Anyway, so now I am going to make a list of the pros and cons about winter. Here it goes:

Pros:

  • Snow Men
  • Snow Women
  • Snow Children (the list goes on...)
  • Snow Angels (snow devils?)
  • Snow ball fights (my personal  favorite!)
  • Hot Chocolate drowned in Whipped Cream
  • Thick Socks
  • Snow!
  • Ice Skating
  • Ice Fishing (didn't think of that one did you!)
  • Christmas! (or any other holiday you celebrate depending on your religion!)
  • The beautiful scenery
  • The Warm Fire Place
  • Holiday lights!
  • First Snow

Cons:
  • Wet feet
  • Colds (way too many of those!)
  • Frostbite
  • Runny Nose
  • Fever (I am obviously not having a good time with that!)
  • Nostalgia of the summer
  • A lot of sneezing
  • Not attaining your New Years resolutions (you have to be a beast to be able to complete all of them! If you did though, well done!)
  • Annoying Christmas adverts on TV
  • Dirty snow on the Streets
  • Short Days or Long Nights
  • Bruises from Ice Skating (Though usually they're worth it!)
  • No Pretty Flowers :'(
So there is my list of pros and cons for the winter though I do love the winter... a lot! But like every other season, it has its down sides. I hope winter doesn't feel offended... I didn't mean to hurt you winter!

Anyway, while I fix winter's feelings, here are some pictures of the snow that I took. I wanted them to look something like this:


But my camera is incapable of taking nice pictures so they ended up like this:



And I just found out that all the others are blurry... Well, I at least hope you enjoyed this beautiful picture that I took (I am being sarcastic, please don't freak out) and that you have a lovely winter! 

Oh, and just before you leave, I would like to annoy you with the video of my favorite winter song! Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment