Monday 10 December 2012

T Shirts


Suit up! OK, that was a really bad entrance but it was gonna be awkward otherwise... Anyway, a few weeks ago it was my friends birthday. Actually, it was two of my friends birthdays! So, for their birthday (this is like the third time i'm saying birthday in only three sentences...) I made them T Shirts! And they arrived today! (I know, I'm really late on the present giving thing but I did give them a small one before hand to wait! Check out my post called Movember if you want to know what it is!) I know this may not sound like the most amazing idea ever but if you're ever hesitating or don't know what to get for your friend/family member/annoying person who demands a present from you, a personalized T Shirt is a really great idea! 
You can do this in a few ways, you can:

  • Draw on a light colored T Shirt with special pens made to draw on fabric (these are usually found in toy shops for little kids. At least that's where I found mine...)
  • You can iron a picture on a blank T Shirt (I've never done it but my friend has... I would deeply recommend looking it up on the internet... mostly for security reasons and if you ever want to see that picture ever again.)
  • Or you can send it to a company where they print out your own personalized T Shirt. If you live in the US or Canada, there's this great side called http://www.customink.com/ where you can design sweaters, pants, hats, shirts, water bottles, anything! And they have a wide range of fonts and pictures you can use (in addition to your own). For people who live in other countries (like me), I went to a near by printer shop where they will gladly print your picture to a T Shirt. If that doesn't work you can use a little website I like to call Google!
So, as you may have guessed, I used the third option for my friends though in the past I would amuse myself with drawing pretty pictures on white shirts (if you have kids, this is a great activity to do at home!)

Here are the pictures of the finished shirts that I make for my friends Jiwon and Lea.

Front

Back

Front

Back

You can really be creative when you make these shirts for your friends/family/annoying person who demands a present from you! You can put a friendly message, an inside joke, a picture of their favorite band, anything! Another fun thing to do is to add a few "accessories" to it. Sew on buttons, ribbons, some fancy lace on the sleeves (this is more of a girly thing boys unless you really enjoy frilly ribbons on your shirts) anything to make it personal! If you want a more trashy look you can rip the sleeves or add something more rebellious... I don't know what that would be, that's why I put three little dots. 

...

Bye!

P.S: For all of you who desire to see my shirt in action (which means being worn) then please go to my my friend's - Jiwon - Blog! Click on the MUSTACHIO (by mustachio I mean the word.... but not this one, the one before that). For all of you who are following my blog (thanks!!!) then you will have already found a link to her blog earlier on.... and now for the final word: Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment