Monday 19 November 2012

Blue and Green Music


For all of you who didn't know, this is my 5th year playing trumpet at my school. We have a proper band (only wind instruments and percussion. Sorry strings) with a really really awesome conductor, Mrs. Stock.

For our December concert Ms. Stock is making us play a song called " Blue and Green Music " composed by Samuel R. Hazo which was inspired by the painting called " Blue and Green Music " Painted by Georgia O'Keeffe. And I find that, well, truly and utterly inspiring!

I love how it starts out really mysterious and creepy and sounds kind of Egyptian. But then there is this whole twist and it becomes hopeful and really beautiful before once more going back into a dark mysterious place. To really enjoy this song, listen to it until the end. The beginning might be a bit boring, but when you get to around 2:30 there is this big build up before releasing my favorite part (which is the hopeful and beautiful part I was talking about).

Here is the painting and the song recording! Hope you will too feel truly and utterly inspired as I am after you've heard/seen this!

Oh, and another thing. The mallet solo at the beginning and end, my friend Thomas is playing it in our band. Just, FYI.


(This is not our band playing but a recording of my band may be posted in December after our concert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment