Thursday 4 April 2013

Steampunk


So yesterday.

Yesterday I found out about something INCREDIBLY EPICLY AWESOME. This awesomeness is called Steampunk. Steampunk is a sort of cross between Victorian/old fashioned clothing and mechanical gadgets and gears. So, since I am a fan of old fashioned dresses and clothing, and I particularly like fantasy twists to things, (if that makes sense...) I obviously fell in love the second I found out about it. Literally. Love at first sight. No kidding. But what is Steampunk? Well here's the definition given from Google:

steampunk  

Web definitions
Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and...

If you want to read more, here's the website:


Or go to this website which is way better than Wikipedia for a reason of which is unknown: 


So after all this excitement that has lingered inside me for a few hours, I am now on a new phase (way too many phases way too quickly. But what can you do?) called ... drum-roll please ... Steampunk! (I know, what a surprise right?) I already drew a picture for it :3 I think I have some kind of disease or something... But anyway, I also want to add that I really, really, really, really, really want to make a costume someday. Probably over the summer since right now I'm a little overbooked with school... I hope it won't turn out to be one of those projects that ill just disappear after a few months and that I will never end up doing... I also really want to go to a Cosplay event in it. TOO MANY PLANS. I hate being lazy. But here is my creation:


I decided to make a middle class adventurer with not too many gadgets at hand. I decided to go simple at the beginning so that I can get the hang of all of this. I am, though, SUPER proud of this one because of all the tiny details I included and of the shading. I think this is my favorite one so far. I am so proud of myself. Sorry for being so self centered and all but I think I deserve a pat on the back or something. The only thing that I'm not so proud of are the hands. But I've never been good at hands so I'm not too worried. 

Voila. You have just witnessed the start of my Steampunk phase. Good luck. You'll be needing it! But as a side note; if any of you have become interested in this (like me) and want to know more. I have been on this website for at least three hours straight just looking at all the stuff they had. It is literally a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I love it and I hope you'll love it too! Click here to be transported to the website. But please, if any of you love this as much as I do, or more, or less, or whatever, please leave a comment so we can fangirl about it together! or fanboy about it if you're a boy... if that exists... And one last thing, if any of you have drawn or made anything related to this, post a picture! I want to see what creations you have made!

No comments:

Post a Comment